What are sperm retrieval surgeries?
The surgical process of extracting sperms directly from a man’s testicles or epididymis, for fertilizing an egg during Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
Who requires sperm retrieval surgeries?
Azoospermic men whose ejaculate does not contain sperms; this may be due to a blockage in the tubes that delivers sperms in the ejaculate or due to some defect in sperm production.
How critical these sperm retrieval surgeries are?
These surgeries do not involve much criticality. These are mainly day care procedure that involves the use of anaesthesia. However, criticality of any surgery depends upon the problem of the patient and the treatment procedures involved in it. A male fertility expert is the only person to give the exact detail about what surgical procedure a patient might need and how much risk that procedure involves.
What are the chances of finding healthy sperms during sperm retrieval surgeries?
The chances are nearly 60%, however it may vary depending upon the patient’s condition and expertise of the Fertility Specialists.
Is the sperm retrieval done in accordance with the egg extraction?
This is an important thing to decide on. It is good to use fresh sperms that can be harvested in coordination with the egg retrieval; it is cost-effective as well. But you can also go for cryopreserving your sperms if you and your partner decide on having separate harvesting sessions. Moreover, the frozen sperms can later be used for future ICSI cycles if the first one fails to yield result. Also, you can use the sperm if you want more children in future.
What are the most common sperm retrieval surgeries?
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA) – The process done in coordination with the egg extraction; to retrieve sperms from men having obstructive azoospermia.
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA) – Done for men suffering from obstructive azoospermia due to vasectomy or infection.
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE) – The process involves making a small incision in the testicles to examine the tubules for the presence of sperm.
- Microepididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA) – Performed for patients with vassal or epididymal obstruction. This process allows extensive sperm collection compared to all other similar processes.
- Microdissection Testicular Sperm Extraction (Microdissection TESE) – Done for men with sperm production problems; generally performed a day before the egg extraction. Safer processes since less testicular tissues are removed.
Contact us for more information on sperm retrieval
Contact us at +91 40 27668427 / +91-7032341439 (M) for more information on Sperm Donation Center in Hyderabad.
Book an appointment with us today. Click the button below!