How important is the role of surgery in female infertility?
Surgery often plays a very important role in curing female infertility. Surgeries act as a part of the evaluation and diagnosis process required for the treatment of related conditions.
The important surgery in female infertility?
Surgery in Female Infertility includes a thorough examination of the pelvic area to investigate about the vagina and cervix and to inspect the shape, size and proper mobility of the uterus and the ovaries. Most surgeries are done under anesthesia where the patient is sedated to make the process completely painless for her.
Common surgeries in female infertility are
- Laparoscopy – This is mostly done to examine the pelvic area thoroughly to find out the presence of adhesion, fibroid or endometriosis.
- Hysteroscopy – A thorough inspection of the uterine cavity to remove any fibroid or adhesion and to ensure no septum (a wall diving the uterus cavities) is there that can prevent implantation.
- Hystero-salphingogram – A diagnostic X-ray procedure that is done to ensure that both the Fallopian tubes are open and active. This X-ray also examines the uterus cavity and ensures that it has a proper shape.
- Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) – A surgical procedure done to remove unwanted tissues that might have left behind after delivery (placenta tissues) or after a miscarriage, from the uterus
Surgery in female infertility are required if
- The Fallopian tubes are blocked
- The woman has endometriosis, fibroid or any other condition that is affecting the uterus, ovaries or Fallopian tube resulting in infertility.
- The woman is suffering from Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) that did not respond to medicines.
- The woman has been surgically sterilized and wants to reverse the procedure.
Surgery in female infertility at Sridevi Fertility
A surgery in female infertility is handled by our team of fertility experts. The patients are prescribed surgeries only if they really need it. Most of our female infertility related surgeries are day care procedures where the patient may be released within a couple of hours depending upon her condition. However, the fertility experts are the best judges in this regard.
At Sridevi Fertility , our medical counselor and fertility experts have a detailed discussion with the couple to help them know why the surgery is important and how it will be carried out. This helps the patient to understand what she will be undergoing and what she can expect as an outcome. The fertility experts also answer the queries of the patients during these counselling sessions to help her have a clear conception about the treatment procedure.
Contact us at +91 40 27668427 / +91-7032341439 (M) for more information on IUI in Hyderabad.