- Consult the doctor after missing the period. From then once in a month till 7th month, once in 15 days till 9th month and once in a week thereafter.
- DIET: Take high protein diet, milk vegetables and fruits. Non vegetarians should take fish, meat and eggs. Vegetarians should take pulses, groundnuts etc. Excess salt should not be taken. Drink only boiled and cooled water. Avoid fried and fatty foods.
- Avoid long journeys and travelling on rough roads.
- Use loose and comfortable clothing.
- Avoid sexual intercourse in the first three months and the last one month of the pregnancy.
- Take medicines regularly. Avoid self-medication
- Get all investigations done (Blood & Urine) and scanning as per your doctor’s advice.
- Take rest for minimum 10 hours; 8 hours at night and 2 hours in the afternoon. Sleep on your left side.
- Don’t lift any heavy weight objects.
- Don’t eat paan, jarda etc.; don’t smoke.
- Take two doses of injections T.T. at 5th & 6th month.
- Take doctor’s advice regarding family planning.
WARNING SIGNALS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
Please consult your doctor immediately if you have any of these following symptoms.
- Abdomen or back pain
- Bleeding or watery discharge from vagina
- Excessive vomiting
- Sudden increase in weight, swelling of face, hands or feet, headache, giddiness, vomiting, dimness of vision, throwing fits, decreased or no urine.
- Breathlessness or slight exertion
- Diminished or reduced foetal movement. (Observe for 10 movements per day)
- Apart from the above mentioned symptoms, consult the doctor if you have any other illness or ailments.
WE WISH YOU HAVE A HEALTHY BABY AND ENJOY A HEALTHY MOTHERHOOD